RE: 3gpp transition solutions, revision -02

 Hi, Luc!

1) As 3GPP specification TS 23.221 v.5.5.0 says:

"The UMTS/GSM architecture shall support IPv4 / IPv6 based on the statements below.
- IP transport between network elements of the IP Connectivity services (between RNC, SGSN and GGSN) and IP transport for the CS Domain: both IPv4 / IPv6 are options for IP Connectivity
-IM CN subsystem elements (UE to CSCF and the other elements e.g. MRF):
	- The architecture shall make optimum use of IPv6.
	- The IM CN subsystem shall exclusively support IPv6.
	- The UE shall exclusively support IPv6 for the connection to services provided by the IM CN subsystem.
..."

=> IMS *is* IPv6-only for both UE - CSCF and IMS internal interfaces. Yep, the text is just an "if" statement and in my opinion could be removed from the solutions doc.

2)

Well, can you suggest something? As Hesham pointed out, there should be a standardized solution to be proposed to the 3GPP. I would like also to remind that our design team aims not to specify new transition mechanisms or propose changes to 3GPP specs. We just make a "gap analysis" on the exisiting transition tools and their usability in 3GPP environment. And we will report our findings to the v6ops wg.

NAT-PT does have issues, the issues pointed out in section 3.4 are relevant in chapter 4 as well. The issues discussed in v6ops Interim meeting can be found in "3GPP breakout report"
http://www.6bone.net/v6ops/minutes/default.htm

BR,
	-Juha-