RE: 3gpp transition solutions, revision -02

>   > 2- I'm till ill at ease will the fact that NAT-PT is till
>   > the only solution mentioned even if that solution is none
>   > to be not enough efficient. Is IETF allowed to propose 3GPP
>   > other solutions ?
>
> => Sure.
>
>   How to do that ?
>
> => You have to have a solution first :)
> There were several discussions about taking the
> ALG out of NAT-PT, but we don't have a WG doc.
>
> Hesham

Alain Baudot reminds me that some have already outlined the possibility to use tunneling mechanisms (+ ROHC to optimize performances) so as to solve the issue:
-> dual-stack UE connecting to a node via an IPv4 network through IMS

That could be easily an IETF solution but I do not think that 3GPP proposes any mechanism to allocate IPv4 address when required, does it ?

Luc