RE: 3gpp transition solutions, revision -02

  > >   > 2- I'm till ill at ease will the fact that NAT-PT is till
  > >   > the only solution mentioned even if that solution is none
  > >   > to be not enough efficient. Is IETF allowed to propose 3GPP
  > >   > other solutions ?
  > >
  > > => Sure.
  > >
  > >   How to do that ?
  > >
  > > => You have to have a solution first :)
  > > There were several discussions about taking the
  > > ALG out of NAT-PT, but we don't have a WG doc.
  > >
  > > Hesham
  > >

  > Alain Baudot reminds me that some have already outlined the
  > possibility to use tunneling mechanisms (+ ROHC to optimize
  > performances) so as to solve the issue:

=> In theory, yes. But we need to get an IP n IP profile
for ROHC. Pretty easily done.

  > -> dual-stack UE connecting to a node via an IPv4 network
  > through IMS

=> ok. That's what ISATAP gives us.

    I do not think
  > that 3GPP proposes any mechanism to allocate IPv4 address
  > when required, does it ?

=> Yes, it does. They're defined in TS.23060.
Ideally you don't want to run too many PDP contexts,
they take time and add significant state to GGSNs and
terminals.

Hesham