Re: 6to4 relay deployment [Re: 6to4 security questions]

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:57:28PM +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Francis Dupont wrote:
> >  I believe they are many ISP persons reading this list. Can you explain
> > why there is such a low number of available 6to4 relays today?
>
> How do you know?  Perhaps they do have them, but aren't advertising them
> to the internet -- certainly, they probably don't see it as their business
> to provide relay service for *others*.  (However, when I've been roaming,
> not too often though, I've never stumbled on a non-public relay)

Indeed.  There's one running like this on the UK academic network, but
noone's using 6to4.   The largest NREN deployment is probably in DFN
(Germany) with over 200 academic and commercial customers, all now
migrated to DFN's SubTLA I think, and all manual tunnels.

Tim