Re: 6to4 relay deployment [Re: 6to4 security questions]

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Francis Dupont wrote:
>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>
>    How do you know?
>
> => traceroute 192.88.99.x and traceroute6 2002:x:y:z:...

That's only one part of the answer: public relays, or relays in the
network you're visiting.  There could be hundreds of relays out there.

The only way to measure that would be to run some logging on a 6to4 router
-- check which addresses packets tunneled to come from 2001/3ffe come from
(and take out the spoofs).

>    Perhaps they do have them, but aren't advertising them
>    to the internet
>
> => they don't advertise them to me so they are not available to me.
> Something amazing is I got the same relay for 192.88.99.1 from here
> (Atlanta) and from my office in France...
>
>    P.S. We do advertise both 192.88.99.0/24 and 2002::/16 everywhere.
>
> => obviously they don't reach or Atlanta or Brittany...

You're sitting in a wrong network :-).  Try e.g. from somewhere Abilene.