Re: on NAT-PT

itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

	that describes my position - "NAT-PT/whatever aware" node is not
	an option.  it might look okay as shortterm workaround but will hurt
	us in the future.

	FYI, we have been there already - KAME DNS resolver code had an
	environment variable for setting address-translation prefix on the
	client side, we noticed that it is a bad thing, and it got removed.
	so this is from actual operational experience.

itojun

Is there any paper documenting this 'operational practice'
and why you consider it a 'bad thing' ?
I would like to understand better why you claim that it is 'universally'
a bad thing and not just 'a bad thing' within your local environment.

   - Alain.