RE: Request to Publish ISATAP

Hi Christian,

I re-read the ISATAP draft, and I am at a loss with this comment. The draft cites 2893 as it goes on using the 2893 nomenclature, but I don't see where it actually proposes to obsolete either 2893, or mechanisms defined in 2893. In any case, the proposition was for an experimental publication; experiments come and go, and certainly do not obsolete standard track recommendations.
If you read the proposal for publication, which I included at the
bottom of the message, it says:

"In the spirit of Harald Alvestrand's 11/19/02 message to v6ops
entitled "On NGTRANS, transition mechanisms and consortia", I am
issuing a plea to the ADs to sponsor this document for standards
track based on the obvious merit that it obsoletes the automatic
tunneling mechanisms specified in RFC 2893."

Please note that it request "standards track" publication and
claims that the document obsoletes the "automatic tunneling
mechanisms specified in RFC 2893".

Does this change your opinion of our position?

Margaret