Re: Request to Publish ISATAP

Fred Templin wrote:

Alain,

Sorry for moving so quickly on this, but I submitted a -10.txt
draft before seeing your message. It can be viewed at:

http://www.geocities.com/osprey67/isatap-10.txt

This is somehow better, but there are still problems.
I hope you can fix them in -11.

  2.  There are no mandatory rules for the selection of a FQDN, but
      administrators are encouraged to use the convention
      "isatap.domainname" (e.g., isatap.example.com.)

The -10 draft says nothing on how this name is communicated
from the site Isatap administrator to the isatap nodes.
I guess the draft should say this is done by an out-of band
method,e.g. manual configuration.
If this is the case, then I would strongly recommend you add some
text to say that in the absence of configuration data,
implementations MUST NOT assume that isatap.domainame
will work, and in particular MUST provide a way for the user
to configure that parameter.

    - Alain.