Re: Review Requested: SMTP IPv6 operational experience document

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > ==> this draft should also include the IPR and the copyrights sections at the end.
>
> 	in my understanding (and from past experience) copyright section is
> 	added by RFC editor, am I right?  and is IPR section mandatory?
> 	(from my past experience it was not)

Both will be added by RFC editor, if they are missing, but it might be
good practice to include them anyway (in case someone who doens't know
the Internet-Draft copyright status reads them before the
publication).  The IPR section is not so important in the
Informational operational documents for which it's pretty rare anybody
claims IPR for, though (which is why the IPR issue is not usually
considered a "hard rule" for Info documents)..

Hopefully this clarified at least my understanding of the document
"form" procedures.