Re: Opportunistic Tunneling

> I think there is something in the "opportunistic" vs "tunnel service"
> distinction that I haven't been able to make clear.
>
> TSP requires that ISPs set up tunnel servers and tunnel brokers.
> 6to4 and Teredo don't.  (Teredo server doesn't pass through traffic so
> a couple may be enough.)  6to4 works automatically between other 6to4
> nodes; TSP does not.  Teredo works automatically between Teredo nodes
> after the server has been contacted to get the public IPv6 address.

Pekka,
It seems odd to say that the criteria is "nodes that implement
X can talk to other nodes which implement X without extra infrastructure"
when extra infrastructure is needed for nodes that implement X
to be able to communicate with nodes that have native IPv6 service.
That seems to forget that the goal is to move towards IPv6
and not stay with X forever.

TSP, teredo and 6to4 all need some infrastructure to be able
communicate with nodes that do native IPv6.
Why is it important to make any finer grain distinction?

   Erik