Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-v6ops-isp-scenarios-analysis-01.txt

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Marc Blanchet wrote:
> > I have to disagree with this -- STEP or TSP are not analyzed further
> > in the document, at this point.  Of course, they might be in the
> > future, and if so, the feature(s) of TSP would certainly be mentioned.
>
> I don't understand here. Why 6to4 and Teredo are analysed and not TSP and
> STEP?

Because we don't want to repeat the same, generic arguments multiple
times -- the same ones we're having with the unmanaged document.

Discussion should be added before the document is published though --
or we'll just publish a more generic document only.

6to4 and Teredo are a bit easier as there is no "competition".

> >> <MB>don't understand that argument. if "offering native service faster
> >> is considered more important, then why care about 6to4 at all?
> >> 6to4 relay should be considered similar to tunnel broker in terms
> >> of ways to provide ipv6 through the not-yet-upgraded-ipv4 network.
> >> </MB>
> >
> > This has come through from a couple of operators.  They don't want to
> > build tunnels etc.
>
> - agree if large number of manually configured tunnels.
> - disagree if tunnels are managed by tunnel brokers. We have many operators
> as customers who are using tunnel broker at this moment. Different
> operators, I guess, different views.

Different operators certainly have different views -- these also
extend to tunnel brokering.  Any infrastructure can be considered
"bad".  Whether this is a real argument is different, of cours.e