Need for TSP? RE: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation

 > > I do have another, somewhat more of my own 'problem' with TSP
 > > and that is that I can't seem to make it fit the model of the
 > > SixXS tunnelbroker we are running, which is why we described
 > > our own protocol + tools for configuring clients. Draft not
 > > ready yet though. For configuration only the serverside of
 > > TSP could be implemented, but I guess it would be more reading
 > > the older drafts and the sources of tspc to make that work.
 >
 > As I said earlier, I view TSP as an existence proof, not
 > necessarily as
 > the final solution.
 > it may be, but it is not proven.

=> I have a question that is somewhat related to this
thread. Why isn't L2TP a credible, secure, tunnelling
mechanism to be used? Do we really need a brand new
protocol? L2TP is widely implemented and deployed.

If this question was raised before I'd appreciate a pointer
to the discussion.

Hesham