Re: tunnel broker deployment [RE: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation]

On Mar 14, 2004, at 11:23 PM, Pekka Savola wrote:

This won't work with non-static IP's and getting the same prefix
back though,

Sure; but this would probably be sufficient for the average John Doe, right?

What John Doe wants is irrelevant. What the IPv6 applications require is.
Now, are you telling us that the potential IPv6 'killer apps' will not need stable addresses?
Making this assumption is very dangerous, IMHO.

They found MSN, Yahoo, Google, KaZaA etc. Friends tell that is the
trick to it, if there is interresting enough content even 13 year
olds can configure it.

Right. If we assume IPv6 would have killer applications which would make the users really eager to get it, sure -- everything would probably be simpler. But in the absence of such, we need to forward without them :-).

In the absence of such, what is the justification of IPv6?

- Alain.