Re: [tcpm] TCP, multiple addresses and soft errors when connecting

(catching up)

> The critical observation to make here is as IPv6 addresses are tried
> first (I'm simplifying; it's more complex than that), one must cycle
> through all the addresses, before trying with IPv4.  However, IPv4
> connections might still work! With TCP timeouts, this takes a lot of
> time --- and should be made quicker.

Speaking personally, I think what you have written is fine and would not
block the document on it.

> There is going to be a WG last call on the document soon, aimed for
> Informational -- just for documenting the issues.  The actual fixes
> (or not) would have to be done elsewhere (e.g., in TCPM WG ;-).

Speaking as tcpm co-chair, yeah - we'd certainly be game to help out
here.

allman

--
Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/