RE: draft-ietf-ngtrans-isatap-21.txt

On Isatap interfaces the purpose of the NC isn't to maintain mappings of
Neighbor Ipv6 addresses (which are always Isatap addresses)
to link-layer addresses, since that is indeed achieved
by static computation from the interface identifier part of the neighbors Isatap Address.

The purpose of the NC on Isatap interface, in my understanding of the draft, is
to maintain reachability information used for NUD.

I on the other hand think that address resolution on Isatap interfaces
in general should be a two step procedure consisting of
address resolution performed by static computation followed by
a unicast NS/NA exchange confirming reachability of the Ipv6 peer IPv6.

When I say in general this refer to the fact that step two may be
too resource demanding on some routers as well as it opens
up for the canionical DoS attack in this respect (4.3.2 of SENDPS).

> A corollary to above is: ISATAP IPv6 "nexthop address" is always based
> on one of the PRL addresses.

Why ?

BR, Karen