Re: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-00.txt

A couple of points..

In section 3 (possible solutions) I am surprised that you don't include
SLP. That is the IETF's discovery protocol, after all, and should be
discussed. Why can't we use SLP to find tunnel servers?

Section 4 puzzles me. My understanding is that anycast is best
if used in single-shot mode: send an anycast UDP packet, pick one of
the replies, and then use unicast to establish a session with the host
that sent that reply. You won't use the anycast address again after
that initial discovery packet. It's the same as the initial broadcast
in DHCP or the initial multicast in SLP.

Admittedly, that's not the model in RFC 3068 (Anycast for 6to4). But 6to4
is a special case, since there is no tunnel negotiation.

   Brian