From: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org]On
Behalf Of ext JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
Sent: 21 April, 2004 04:49
To: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-v6ops-tunneling-01.txt

Hi Pekka,

May be I miss in the list something about:
   Notes: 6to4 does not work behind a NAT, so it is not applicable in
   3GPP scenarios, and practically also not applicable in Enterprise
   scenarios

Is not clear to me that the 3GPP deployments will be done with NAT (in the network side, as is clear that the UE will not have NAT ?). May be this requires a clarification or rewording it to differentiate two cases (NAT used in the 3GPP network, or NAT not being used).

For example, today, using GPRS, you get usually a public IPv4 address, and 6to4 is working fine across Europe.

Looking at the latest documents posted in the list, I believe that unman 1.1 can also be realized with a non-authenticated TS, that can be auto-discovered (probably an update of TSP).

Regards,
Jordi