RE: Scenarios analysis documents: BCP vs Informational?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Bound, Jim wrote:
> I support (a).  Reason.  BCPs are more easily updated as we learn
> Informational lasts forever.  Caveat is IETF is working on all of this
> process so my rationale may be a moot point.  Well I we did replace the
> base API info multiple times??   I just like the sound of BCP I guess
> :--)

Maybe that's because folks get ashamed of out-of-date BCPs but don't
feel so strongly about Informationals? :)

In any case, Informationals can be updated as well as we gain
experience; if the deployment is successful, it might actually be
worth recycling the Informationals to BCPs after some years (if deemed
necessary).