From: "Bound, Jim" <jim.bound@hp.com>
To: "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ" <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>; <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 2:37 PM
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-auto-trans-00.txt

Jordi,

Your words from below:

>so we consider only scenarios
> where you have IPv6 native connectivity (but the performance
> is poor for whatever reason and we can improve it with a
> transition mechanism, for example to a nearer tunnel server)
> or where you have IPv4 convexity and want to get IPv6.

Assumption 1 from your words:

There is an IPv6 Native Network.

Assumption 2 from your words.

There is an IPv4 network the packet can use for better performance.

Then DSTM is in fact an option and here is why:

DSTM Assumption 1:

As DSTM postulates it is possible that the user has deployed only IPv6
applications on a network.

DSTM Assumption 2:

There is an IPv4 routable address within the network scope of
communications that can be used by obtaining it from DHCPv6 or IPv6
Tunnel Broker.

Then the dual stack approach is used or Native IPv4.

Given your words you need to add DSTM or remove discussion of Native
IPv6 is my input.

I am now going to review your draft in depth to give you hard core
technical input as IPv6 engineering expert because your response was to
casual and not technical enough for me anyway.

/jim