From: "Pekka Savola" <pekkas@netcore.fi>
To: "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ" <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
Cc: <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-auto-trans-00.txt

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> > The point is the case when I travel to an IETF, for example, and
> > I've native IPv6, but the performance is very poor. I can always opt
> > for using a better transition mechanism (example a "near" TB/TS).
>
> FWIW, I'm concerned about methods to "optimize" poor native IPv6
> connectivity.  We need to fix the native connectivity instead... :-/

I agree, it will be much better to optimize fix native connectivity, but what the users does, when he doesn't know nothing about that, and he has, of course, no control of the visited network ?

Remember that this is targeted to clients, even it could be used, for example, in CPE devices, assuming that is automatic, because the user has no technical expertise ...

> On the other hand, there _are_ a few practical ways for optimization
> which are rather simple: a "local" 6to4 relay, and a "local" Teredo
> relay.  Those can significantly help when you're on native v6 but
> communicating with someone who isn't.

That's why we included 6to4 and Teredo as options ;-)

> --

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on line at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com