RE: Teredo vs Silkroad

The SAR(Silkroad Access Server) has been implemented in PC. With
cooperation of Chongqing Netcom, it has been deployed in ChongQing IPv6
MAN. At present, the SC(Silkroad Client) has been implemented based on
Linux. The windows version will be completed soon. Next, we will try to
add silkroad function to some routers.

Best Wishes,

Liu Min
Institute of Computing Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel: (86-10) 6256 5533-9240
E-mail: liumin@ict.ac.cn

Behalf
> Of Tim Chown
> Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 4:56 PM
> To: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
> Subject: Re: Teredo vs Silkroad
>
> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 04:02:59PM +0800, Eiffel Wu wrote:
> >
> >    As compared with the Teredo, Silkroad has the following
strongpoints:
> >    1.  it  can  provide the users with unchangeable IPv6 addresses,
while
> >    Teredo   address   is   altered  every  time  the  users  restart
> the
> >    Teredo service.
> >    2.  Silkroad can deploy without the support of relay, while the
Teredo
> >    needs the relay which advertises the reachability of Teredo
Prefix.