draft-daniel-dhc-ipv6in4-opt-03.txt

Dear Sirs,
I highly appreciated finding your draft
concerning "DHCP Option for Configuring IPv6-over-IPv4 Tunnels"
at IETF.
To my mind this is one of the simplest form of a first transition
for mobile (GPRS) operators to supply IPv6 to
their customers.
After finding the tunnel endpoint via your DHCP option
a dual stack mobile phone can do autoconfiguration (or DHCPv6)
accros the tunnel and obtain a globally unique IPv6 address,
allthough its IPv4 address is only private.
(no DAD is needed as link-local address is constructed from
IPv4 address, which is unique within operators area).
tunnel establishment at operator side could be done with adhoc mode
as described in >>Simple IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel Establishment Procedure
(STEP)<<
(draft-savola-v6ops-conftun-setup-02.txt)
this could be the m
I hope that your suggestion evolves to an RFC soon.
Best regards
   Peter Grubmair