RE: DSTM

speaking about v4 in v6 encapsulation for v6 only networks, DSTM has two
variations for address assignment: one using DHCPv6 (here named
DSTM-DHCPv6) and one with TSP (here named (DSTM-TSP). So the TSP tunnel
broker is a solution that covers both v6 in v4, v6 in udp v4 (i.e. nat
traversal) and v4 in v6 (DSTM-TSP). This is very appealing to many large
sites that need the three cases to be handled.

Some markets are telling us that v4 in v6 encap is important and key. It
will be very bad if the IETF does not consider solutions in this space.
>From Thomas comment about when, the danger again is that non-interoperable
implementations will come out, just because the spec is not stable (i.e.
RFC number), this is really bad for the whole community, including IETF.

I guess that a subset of the wg is interested in v4 in v6 encap (DSTM) and
we could probably work in a small design group to do the final work and
then have the wg review and publish. This won't consume much of wg work and
will accomplish something important.

My 2 cents.

Marc.

-- Wednesday, June 23, 2004 10:31:16 -0400 "Bound, Jim" <jim.bound@hp.com>