RE: DSTM

Hi Jim,

I did not mean anything that I said in my previous note as a personal attack on you or anyone else involved in the DSTM work. I think it is possible for well-intentioned, reasonable people to have a difference of opinion, and I think that is the case here.

In particular, I think that we have a difference of opinion regarding three things (1) the effect on the market of having multiple solutions/mechanisms to resolve overlapping problems, and (2) the purpose and effect of IETF standardization, and (3) whether DSTM is a solution that should be standardized in the IETF.