Re: Moving forward

Hesham,

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 05:26:51AM -0400, Soliman Hesham wrote:

>  > it is now getting time that we start to move from the analysis phase
>  > to standarization. As you all know, in general the Operations area
>  > doesn't design new protocols. This means we cannot standarize the
>  > solutions in the v6ops working group.
>
> => Does this mean that proposals like Teredo will not be
> standardised in this Area?

We first need to officially hear from the working group which ones are
going to be needed for the minimum set, than we can decide on the
exact logistics for how the work will proceed. I have asked the
workinggroup chairpeople to do this in manner that allows us to
quickly move forward.

In general, protocol work will indeed not happen in the Operations
area. However, the careful reader will note that I used 'in general'
and there could be circumstances where there is more expertise in this
area and where it is more efficient to do the work in this area.

David Kessens
---