Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 05:49:01PM -0400, Bound, Jim wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Ok here is the update with correct boilers as -05. (thanks to Pekka S.
> for assistance to catch these in role as Chair).
>
> 	Title		: IPv6 Enterprise Network Scenarios
> 	Author(s)	: J. Bound
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-scenarios-05.txt

For info, we have submitted a new I-D that tries to apply this generic
enterprise draft to the specific case study of IPv6 transition on a large
academic campus department.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-campus-transition-00.txt

It is only a start, but the issues raised for consideration by the generic
ent-scenarios draft have been very helpful.

Because our deployment is using VLANs to distribute IPv6 on the wire(less),
we have also updated our VLAN usage draft:

This should appear here soon:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-01.txt

But if that doesn't work yet try here:
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tjc/ietf/draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-01.txt

In this draft we describe the usage of a parallel IPv6 routing infrastructure
with IPv6 distributed via VLANs as an alternative, more structured, intra-site
solution than ISATAP.   It requires extra hardware (PC router(s) and VLAN
support) but is working very nicely for us at present.

I think Pekka is allowing a small time slot for each draft in San Diego.

Tim