RE: Proposed way forward with the transition mechanisms

I assume that you're hinting at manually configured FQDNs - ?
The solution anticipated for 3GPP (at least) would be to rely on
FQDNs on the form isatap.<domain_name>", where
<domain_name> is the DNS suffix configured on the underlying IPv4 interface.

Other tunnel discovery possibilities, which I believe have been considered for 3GPP2 usage, is to use a special option in DHCP. It would be preferable to agree on relying on the same solution in both 3GPP and 3GPP2, but not an absolute requirement.

> > * It is lightweight network architecture wise, i.e. it
> > requests one additional infrastructure element only, namely
> the Isatap router.
>
> And an extra module in every host stack that wants to use it.

So would all tunnelling mechanisms, I assume.

Karen