Re: My slides for v6ops session, 2nd Aug

Hi Tim,
I looked to your slides of campus transition. Unfortunately I cannot attend the IETF, but I have some comments:

- Missing components:

	- NFS with IPv6 is not really missing, except for some
	systems: NFS over IPv6 do exist on Solaris and *BSD systems.
	  Samba is another story: There is some patch for Samba 2.2.x, but
	we have to persuade the Samba developers, since IPv6 for SMB is
	available with Windows Server 2003.

	- Apache2 - I think it mostly a distribution problem. I have never
	found any Apache module, that is useful, not available for
	Apache2. Blame for distro creator not including Apache2 modules.

	- dnews - use INN that has IPv6 support and it is free. I know it
	implies some training costs...

	- X11 - the situation is so bad. XFree86 4.4 has and X.org
	6.7 has IPv6 suport. Nevertheless you use X mostly via SSH X
	forwarding, where no problem of not having IPv6 support directly
	from X.  I think it is also distribution
	problem to have only old X (XFree86 4.3, or XFree86 3.0)

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98