Re: ISATAP scenario

> My point is that as I know in our case both Teredo and ISATAP are
> not part of Kame and Usagi because that. Clearly, this doesn't
> facilitate the adoption by the market and users.

> If KAME and USAGI have a different view on this, and they are going
> to include them back in the standard distribution, that will be very
> nice !

(I'm not sure if it is appropriate to talk about IPR policy of a
particular developer in this list, so I'll try to refrain from making
further posts in this thread on this particular point.)

Your understanding (the 1st paragraph cited above) is basically
correct.  Regarding our latest position on the IPR issues, see the
following URL:
  http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20040525/
which mentions ISATAP.

(perhaps the phrase "We want to provide ISATAP as one of transition
mechanisms." might be misleading, by the way.  It should be followed
by something like this "...if the v6ops wg reaches the consensus that
ISATAP is the preferred transition tool (for some scenarios)").

In any event, we won't provide ISATAP again from KAME until we confirm
the IPR policy of ISATAP meets our basic requirement.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp