Re: mech-v2-05pre

--- Erik Nordmark <Erik.Nordmark@sun.com> wrote:

> > http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/temp/draft-ietf-v6ops-mech-v2-05pre.txt
> > http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/temp/draft-ietf-v6ops-mech-v2-05pre-diff.html
>
> Works for me.
>
> Two nits though:
> 1. I think the names of people listed in the acknowledgements was originally
>    in alphabetical order. I see that this is no longer the case but it
>    might make sense to put them back in alphabetical order.

It seems that the order has reverted to chronological,
but it doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned.

I have another comment for this document; in section 3.6, change:

  "The encapsulating IPv4 header is discarded."

to:

  "The encapsulating IPv4 header is discarded, and the version
   encoded in the first 4 bits of encapsulated packet is checked.
   (Procedures for handling packets with version other than 6 are
   out of scope.)"

A paragraph break should also be inserted before the next
sentence beginning: "When reconstructing the IPv6 packet...".

Fred L. Templin
osprey67@yahoo.com