Re: mech-v2-05pre

--- Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi> wrote:

> Of course, if there's another spec down the road which modifies
> proto-41 configured tunnels behaviour somehow so that other IP
> protocols than just "6" are OK, that's fine as well.  The question is
> just about whether unmodified configured tunnels could support
> protocols other than "6", which doesn't seem to be the case..

As far as I can tell, no one is suggesting *support* for protocols
other than "6".

The suggestion is for the specification to declare as out-of-scope
the behavior for packets discovered to have version other than "6"
after the encapsulating IPv4 header is discarded.

Fred L. Templin
osprey67@yahoo.com