Re: Last Call: 'Teredo: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP through NATs' to Proposed Standard (fwd)

General comment:
As IPv6 does not support NAT in any native form I would like to see the term
NAT replaced with IPv4 NAT through out the docuement, and a comment at the
start to the effect that there is no such thing as IPv6 NAT.

Speciffic comments:
Section 3.1 reads:
   The type of mappings is analyzed in [RFC3489], which distinguishes
   between "Cone NAT", "restricted cone NAT", "port restricted cone
   NAT" and "symmetric NAT". The Teredo solution ensures connectivity
   for clients located behind cone NATs, retricted cone NATs or port-
   restricted cone NATs. these three types NATs.

Some how that last three types of NATs slipped in past editing.

3.2.4 Automatic sunset
   Some how this whole section scares me as it seems to imply that there is
a way to turn an IPv4 NAT into an IPv6 Router while maintaining the NAT like
functionality. As stated above, NAT is not part of IPv6 (NAP is but is not
mentioned in this document).

Final comment:
I am also unclear why it is assumed that UDP is the prefered protocol. UDP
has no retransmits, so lost packets will stay lost while TCP has retransmit
based on acknowledgements. WHy force this on UDP?

Eric