Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-aoun-v6ops-natpt-deprecate-00.txt

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 10:16:04AM +0200, Elwyn Davies wrote:

>    It  would be useful to see Shivkumar's use cases so that they could be
>    considered  for  inclusion  in  the  relevant transition analysis.  If
>    people  are using NAT-PT in a particular way then we need to give them
>    a workable alternative before ditching NAT-PT.

I think this is key - the enterprise analysis in v6ops is happening now.
However,

	a) noone is commenting on the work

	b) at present, there is no cited case for NAT-PT in the solutions

I would thus strongly urge those who feel NAT-PT is important to state the
scenarios and cases where it should be recommended.   It is not at all clear
what those cases are at present.

Tim