Re: Tunnel Discovery

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, EricLKlein wrote:
Is there an interest in an off WG consolidation of these 3 into one or at
most 2 complementary documents that the WG would then review?

draft-yamamoto-naptr-service-discovery-00.txt
draft-ietf-v6ops-assisted-tunneling-requirements-01.txt
draft-palet-v6ops-solution-tun-auto-disc-01.txt

Umm.. isn't the middle one orthogonal to the other two? There are likely some requirements for tunnel endpoint discovery in the middle one, yes, but that could not be merged in a solution.

(extremely personal view below)

More work towards the common solution is probably good, but personally I'm still quite a bit unconfortable with the fact that we have not analyzed the properties of different approaches -- in palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc -- in a sufficient manner. It seems premature to jump on to the solution space (especially with naptr approach which I'm personally most uncomfortable yet, at least).