Re: Consensus for moving NAT-PT to experimental?

the right thing to do would be to
revise the RFC to take out DNS-ALG sections and include use-case scenarios,
limitations and applicability statement.

I understood that was the plan, but with the first step being to reclassify the RFC to make it clear there are serious issues with it. I support the reclassification.

    Brian

Pyda Srisuresh wrote:
Hi Pekka,

I disagree. NAT-PT is not experimental. There are customers with real use-case
scenarios that require and use the NAT-PT mechanism today. The NAT-PT use-case
scenarios have no other transition alternatives. Making the RFC experimental
does not make sense.

As Tony and others pointed out in the past, the right thing to do would be to
revise the RFC to take out DNS-ALG sections and include use-case scenarios,
limitations and applicability statement.

regards,
suresh

--- Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi> wrote:

Hi,

(co-chair hat on)

At the meeting, there was almost unanimous consensus for moving NAT-PT to experimental.

The approach which seemed to have significant support was splitting the document draft-aoun-v6ops-natpt-deprecate-00.txt in two: the one describing issues (which would also request the reclassification), and one describing different usage (or non-usage) scenarios.

If you believe this is a bad approach, please voice your concerns within a week, by 18th November. Thanks!

(hat off)

=====