Re: draft-huitema-v6ops-teredo-03.txt

Christian,

I am seeing the other side of the coin on this issue now. If teredo provides
a tool that a terrorist might like to try using for exploitation, it also provides
a means for back-trakcing terrorist activities. So, it comes down to the
greater good will of the people of the world to refrain from using it for evil
purposes. I have faith in the greater good will of the people of the world
and faith also in a God and higher power that people of the earth can
acknowledge in their own way. I think teredo should move forward.

Freed L. Templin
cktflt@pacbell.net

Christain,

Based on what you are saying, if terrorists can already exploit the NATs I
don't see what good it will do to roll out a red carpet for them by providing
a standardiazed tool. What really needs to happen is to fix the NATs
themselves. As I said before, a NAT that is also a hybrid bridge/router/firewall
can support the security model users expect and still provide the new
functionality Ispoke of in the message about governments. etc. The problem
is not that the NATs themselves are broken, but rather they are incomplete.
The trick comes down to how do we deploy the full functionality across all
NATs in a flag day fashion so that people and assets can be protected. And,
not just some people, but all people across the world who care to connect
to the internet through a NAT. The missing pieces are firewall (with pinhole
capabilities) and ISATAP. But, the world itself needs to be ready for this
model and understand it completely before moving forward.

Fred L. Templin
cktflt@pacbell.net