RE: WG last call on NAT-PT to Experimental

Fully agree with Fred with one caveat.  IPv6 dominant does not mean IPv4 does not exist but that IPv6 has been on purpose chosen to be used and IPv4 is there on all nodes but not being used on a specific network. IPv6 only and IPv6 dominant need differentiation. from us as a community. Thus the question is the edge dual IP?  If it is maybe tunnels can be used at the edges which DSTM suggests as one operational suggestion.  But if the pool of available v4 addresses is depleted by a site that must communicate with IPv4 network/apps/nodes/et al then no other choice exists that I can see?  The other case is when there are really IPv6 only stack devices with no IPv4 available at all on the node that has to access legacy IPv4 services and in that case no choice again.  Also I am pointing people in industry to the NAP draft which I think is par excellent discussion of getting what you need from a NAT networking philosophy in many cases with IPv6.

NAP above == draft-vandevelde-v6ops-nap-01.txt just in case....

/jim