Re: [Fwd: draft-ietf-v6ops-onlinkassumption and draft-ietf-v6ops-v6onbydefault]

Alain,

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 04:53:52PM -0700, Alain Durand wrote:

> "[david] The working group has to decide whether this document really needs to
> published.
> In any case it needs more work by the working group before it can be
> published."
>
> I can understand the first part, but not the second. Could the AD or the chairs clarify
> what further work is necessary?

The revision should be focussed on making it more clear that this is
document contains background/historic information on why this change
was made. It basically needs adaptation to the new current situation.
For example, it has a section 'Proposal for change' while we are not
talking about a proposal anymore.

I understand that documenting this kind of things are very nice to
have. However, I could also imagine that you (and the working group)
rather spend time on more pressing technical issues that are still in
actual need of resolution. As documented in the tracker, this decision
needs to be made by the working group, not by me.

I hope this helps,

David Kessens
---