Re: Internal WG Review: Recharter of IPv6 Operations (v6ops) - version 2

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Fred Baker wrote:
A new charter for the IPv6 Operations (v6ops) working group in the Operations and Management Area of the IETF is being considered. The draft charter is provided below for your review and comment.

The charter is significantly shorter than the previous proposals. That's both a good and bad thing, if some important points would be lost. From my perspective, the charter at the moment may not be clear enough on the following:

- the main focus of the WG. Are we looking at v6-only as well as dual-stack? (I think our main focus should be on dual stack..) Not putting this into the charter might bring distractions..

- where the bulk of the work relating to other areas (like routing protocols, transport, etc.) belongs. We may not want to get that here.. In particular, in goal 1, I don't think v6ops is qualified to identify the _appropriate_ solutions to issues in other protocols..

 - what it takes to take new WG items (and to keep it as such).