Re: I-D ACTION:draft-yamamoto-v6tc-security-considerations-00.txt

On Jul 14, 2005, at 2:44 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
there is no cost for replacing any routers.

That depends on your router. In the case of a company I happen to have some familiarity with, some of the products we have that switch traffic in hardware require a change of card (not the entire router, unless it is old enough that it is no longer supported). The new card is IPv4+IPv6 and has a 64 or 128 bit wide word width and may have a larger TCAM where the old was IPv4 only and had a 32 bit word width. Even a software router may require additional memory to hold a larger program and parallel RIBs and FIBs.

A new memory stick is a cost, and sending someone out to inventory the equipment and see if one might be needed (and testing the software before basing one's business on it) is a cost.