Re: Enterprise Analysis DSTM Issue

On Aug 10, 2005, at 6:34 AM, Pekka Savola wrote:
We need to separate "use of v4-in-v6 tunnels as a concept" from "DSTM the protocol". Fleshing it out or removing it seem the only choices.

So what I hear you arguing for, which I think is consistent with Tim's comments, is that this section should say that we require a tunneling solution which might use a variety of tunnel approaches including virtual circuit networks including MPLS, IP/IP, IP/GRE, IPSEC Tunnel Mode, and so on, and that in addition a common rendezvous mechanism is required. DSTM is an example of a rendezvous mechanism, as are the DNS-ALG in NATPT, the mechanism in Silkroad, and so on, and v6tc-or-whatever is chartered to come up with that mechanism.

Am I correct?