Re: Review: draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-01.txt

On Aug 23, 2005, at 3:17 PM, Gunter Van de Velde (gvandeve) wrote:

Unfortunatly the industry need for having a tool to provide topology hiding is
real.... and is very easy to deploy in the IPv4 world by using address translation, hence
the IPv6 community better provides some solution for this and the MIPv6
one seems most appropriate to me at the moment. (The /128 ULA's is a different
story)

Compared to having an address space one doesn't advertise outside, mobile ip v6 seems really complex. I'm not fond of ULAs, but as I said in another context, simply having a prefix that is not advertised seems quite sufficient for hiding internal-only systems. And it's only the internal-only systems any of this hides; systems that can be seen from the outside can be seen from the outside, and the fact that they are on the same or different LANs is really window- dressing compared to that.