Re: I-D ACTION:draft-huston-hd-metric-01.txt

From: "Thomas Narten" <narten@us.ibm.com>
To: "Fred Baker" <fred@cisco.com>

Are you of the opinion that we should take this, and perhaps Thomas'
draft, up as a v6ops draft?

FWIW, I think the 3177bis document is more appropriate as an IPv6 WG document than a v6ops one.

From the Paris meeting minutes at http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05aug/minutes/ipv6.txt

10. Next Steps for IPv6 w.g.     (Hinden)
   Advancing core specification to Standard
   Goal: Discussion

   Since 1994 we have published 61 RFCs!  Core protocols went to
   Draft Standard in 1998.  Working group scheduled to close end of
   this year.

Is IPv6 still taking on new work? (Not saying it shouldn't - actually, I have another draft that is also targeting IPv6 - but I thought I should ask).

Thanks,

Spencer