Re: Link Adaptation for IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnels

Does it still propose a protocol or protocol change?

I don't know offhand whether the charter of v6ops then precluded protocol work, and won't go into whether it was proper for [MECH] to be done in v6ops. Given the present charter, I can treat it as a requirements document that may be asking for something like the work you are proposing. But my read of the document you pointed to is that it is still proposing an incompatible change (as in "unchanged equipment will not perform the function and once the message is segmented in this fashion it must be reassembled in this fashion.

I think that has to be done in a WG chartered to do non-backward- compatible changes to IPv4.