Re: status of bb-deployment [Re: IEEE 802.16 access technology + IPv6 deployment

One more issue as part of this agreement was to further clarify in the
document that it was preferring native IPv6 support. So the cable part of
this document is only relevant to the case that you can't upgrade your cable
equipment to support IPv6 natively.

This has been done in the latest review, and this means that any new release
of DOCSIS or any other way to offer native IPv6 support doesn't require any
change to the current document status.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
> Responder a: <owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Fecha: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 05:21:40 +0200 (EET)
> Para: Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com>
> CC: "v6ops@ops.ietf.org" <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Asunto: status of bb-deployment [Re: IEEE 802.16 access technology + IPv6
> deployment
>
> "1) Let them (Alain & Tony) to provide all the required inputs maximum
> until middle of October, so they have actually more time that they
> asked for.
>
> 2) With inputs or without them, the document will be ready from our
> side, and they will not object if they didn't provided the inputs (for
> example new architecture still not agreed, etc.). So by the cut-off
> date before the next IETF, will be moved forward to the next step.
>
> 3) If no inputs are available or a more complete thing is needed for
> DOCSIS 3.0, then a new document can be made specifically for that
> architecture."
>
> It is no surprise that DOCSIS 3.0 might be delayed; that was expected
> already before the last IETF.  Unless there is opposition to this from
> other members of the WG, we should IMHO move forward.  We can't wait
> forever for input to come especially because we already agreed not to
> wait any longer.  The document can easily be revised later on, or
> DOCSIS 3.0 can be described separately.

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at: