towards phasing out the 6bone

(Not sure if the v6ops list is the appropriate forum for this topic,
but I cannot think of a better place)

Dear authors of RFC3701,

according to the RFC the 6bone prefix (3ffe::/16) will be phased out
on June 2006 and IPv6 routes that match the prefix may be filtered
thereafter.

However, there still seem to be a non-negligible number of 6bone
prefixes advertised in the global IPv6 Internet.  For example,
http://bgp.potaroo.net/v6/as1221/bgptable.txt
list 95 6bone prefixes exchanged via BGP (most of which seem pTLA
prefixes).

My question is: shouldn't the IETF take some action for smooth
phase-out, avoiding sudden disruption of running services?  For
example, shouldn't we send a reminder message about the phase-out plan
to the 6bone pTLA operators?  Or are we simply trusting the operators
to stop using the prefixes (and probably migrate to production
prefixes) by the deadline?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.