Re: [16NG] Re: multicast and IPv6 over ETHCS

Hi, sorry for popping up,

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 12:19 +0100, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:
> Hi Jihoon, thanks for reply,
>
> Jihoon Lee wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Let me jump into discussion. 1) 802.16/16e MAC has no capability to
> > do uplink multicast. In DL, 802.16 provides multicast CIDs which is
> > initiated by DSA messages. In UL, however, there is no way for an MS
> > to access others' UL data fundamentally, in 802.16 PHY/MAC.

Do you think this is an accidental design choice (i.e. no uplink
multicast)? Or 802.16/16e MAC designers had very good fundamental
reasons?

(I'm sorry. This question looks out-of IETF scope. But I think we may
learn something more general i.e. useful to IP perhaps?)

Thank you.
pars