From: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org] On
Behalf Of Bound, Jim
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 4:58 PM
To: Brian E Carpenter; Bonness, Olaf
Cc: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-03.txt

I cannot support this spec moving forward without major changes to its
content I will provide more by tomorrow but here is major heartburn for
me.

- Remove any mention of ISATAP this is not relative to the point of the
spec.

- Remove discussion of CGA this is not relative to the point of the
spec.

- Do not make statements about what the market is doing such as the
DHCPv6 statements because we cannot possibly represent all input from
the market within an IETF spec. And you say use CGA which has clearly
only research deployment where as DHCPv6 is far more deployed yet you do
not say CGA is unknown. Sounds like a bias to me.

I found other technical bugs and will get them out in a few days.

But this is not ready for the IESG or as spec that has consensus per the
V6OPS charter in my view.

The ULA, PI, PA and that type of recommendations are very good and that
is what the spec should stick too.

/jim