Re: Question for IPv6 w.g. on [Re: IPv6 Type 0 Routing Header issues]

thanks for the heads-up

On Apr 25, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:

We are starting a discussion on the Routing Header Type 0 issue on the IPv6 mailing list.

Bob Hinden / Brian Haberman
IPv6 w.g. chairs

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@nokia.com>
Date: April 25, 2007 5:39:40 PM PDT
Subject: Question for IPv6 w.g. on [Re: IPv6 Type 0 Routing Header issues]

[trimming this to just the IPv6 w.g.]

We think the question for the IPv6 working group on this topic is does the working group want to do anything to address the issues raised about the Type 0 routing header. Possible actions include:

 1) Deprecate all usage of RH0
 2) Recommend that RH0 support be off by default in hosts and routers
 3) Recommend that RH0 support be off by default in hosts
4) Limit it's usage to one RH0 per IPv6 packet and limit the number of addresses in one RH0.

These examples are not all mutually exclusive.

Please respond to the list with your preference and justifications.

Thanks,
Bob Hinden / Brian Haberman
IPv6 W.G. Chairs

p.s. We will send a note to the other lists that the IPv6 w.g. will be discussing this issue.