Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3330-for-ipv6 WGLC

On 2007-05-05 23:23, Durand, Alain wrote:

E) Actually, re-reading RFC3513, I found that most of the information
   is already there in much greater details.
   The value-added of this document is to talk about old 6bone, 6to4 &
Teredo.
   It is not obvious to *me* that this is enough to justify its
publication,
   but it may be for others.

I think it's useful, since the information needs to be somewhere.

F) Shouldn't this become an IANA registry?

See
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments
but this is bit dry - even the few words of explanation in the
draft seem helpful to me.

In that case, shouldn't this
   document have an IANA section?

Well, it has a blank one. But can Marc check carefully for consistency
with http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments ?
And maybe there should be a non-blank IANA action: to add a reference to
this RFC from that registry? And do we want IANA to list things like the
former 6bone prefixes, or to list Teredo explicitly?

   Brian